Butterfly Symbolism and Meaning… by presly love….”butterfly so elegant and beautiful she is the essence and embodiment, the spiritual symbol of the divine feminine. She teaches grace and tenderness and the awareness and energy of another way being”.
Butterfly meaning and the Transcendent Energies of the Butterfly Spirit Animal
Butterfly is the embodiment of spiritual growth and transcendence perhaps more than any other life form on earth, because of the transformation from caterpillar to Butterfly.
The purpose of the life of every Butterfly is to set everything that was once known aside and to embrace an entire new way of being.
The butterfly totem is here to guide us on this journey of freedom, freedom from past through the ascension process of becoming higher our self.
Butterfly Symbols and Spirit Medicine…
Butterfly brings the totem gift of: grace, beauty
Butterfly shares the power animal energies of: divine feminine, reiki healing
Butterfly teaches the animal magic of: transcendence, magic of believing.
Butterfly Spirit Animal and Tapping into new realities…
The journey of transformation the Butterfly symbolizes requires going deep into the cocoon of meditation and letting all fears and old wounds be released one by one, so that transformation can take place… in the cocoon you experience release and the freedom from what has held you back… you see new possibilities, new ways of being, you feel the rapture of being totally set free… with wings to fly.
Butterfly spirit animal has gone from a caterpillar that is only capable of crawling ever so slowly along on a twig to becoming a Butterfly that is capable of taking flight across seas and continents. This is a message of what is possible in our lives, of going beyond what we believe possible – to making the impossible a reality.
Butterfly ~ A Beautiful Symbol reminding you to release your fears
Butterfly totem says do not rush the process, you will need to spend time in the cocoon nurturing yourself and healing… and in doing so getting in touch with your feelings and the essence of your soul self.
We can only imagine the thoughts of the caterpillar as he enters the cocoon, as he makes contact with the essence of his spirit self. The moment he enters the cocoon he has let everything he has evr known be left behind as he embraces the rapture of transcendence and complete rebirth. He has surrendered and he is ready, he trusts in something greater than himself to guide him through. Soon Butterfly spirit animal will have a life filled with new possibilities and a whole new way of living.
Butterfly power animal will help you release your fears so that you can take the journey to know your true spirit self, to see and to know what you are possible of creating and transforming in your life. He will be at your side, sitting on your shoulder as you take the meditative journey necessary to release everything that has been holding you back, so that a miraculous transformation can take place and you can be set free to live the life you were meant to live, the life you envisioned for yourself at the time of your birth, the life that will clearly be seen in your meditations.
The Spiritual Meaning of Butterfly ~
The spiritual meaning of the totem animal Butterfly conveys the choice to transcend, and is therefore the greatest symbol of our power to make a choice, to choose our way of being… to choose our paths… to choose our destiny.
With butterfly symbolism we are shown that we can reshape and re-sculpt ourselves in mind, body and spirit… this is the elegant example of what we are capable of.
A Very Special Magic for the Butterfly Symbol
The magic meaning for Butterfly symbolism appears for you it is a sign that you are ready to let go of something or someone that has been holding you back, this will be life changing in deep and significant ways. If you are already on a spiritual path it is a symbolic sign that you are ready to go deeper in your studies and practices, going to a new level of awareness teacher, or an energy or reiki healer and the time has come to spread your wings, seeing where this new journey will take you… into new and fantastic lands
Amazing facts about butterflies
- Butterflies can't hear, but they can feel vibrations.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Butterflies don't have lungs.
- Butterflies breath through openings on their abdomen called 'spiracles'.
- Butterflies smell with their antennae.
- Millions of shingle like overlapping scales give butterfly wings their colour.
- Butterflies are still able to fly if their scales are removed, they are just less colourful!
- Butterflies are divided into two main groups called skippers (hesperioidea) and true butterflies (papilionoidea).
- Female butterflies are usually bigger and live longer than male butterflies.
- The Queen Alexandra's birdwing from the island of New Guinea is the largest butterfly - it can have a wingspan of 27 cm!
- Butterflies are related to crabs and lobsters! Why? Because they have skeletons on the outside of their bodies (exoskeletons).
- There are about 24,000 species of butterfly.Australia has 385 species of butterfly, nearly 70% of which are found in the rainforests of the Wet Tropics.The Painted Lady is the most wide spread butterfly species in the world, occurring on all continents except South America and Antarctica.
- Antarctica is the only continent on which no Lepidoptera (butterflies, moths & skippers) have been found.Look but don't touch - many caterpillars are covered with stinging hairs which carry a toxin that can be quite painful to humans if touched.
- Some butterflies, such as the Northern Pearly Eye, will fly at night.Butterflies are the second largest group of pollinators, bees are the largest.Monarch butterflies have been known to migrate over 3000km.
- The largest threat to butterflies is loss of habitat.